Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Day 1 of the camp.
Due to nervousness or having an unpleased feeling, I woke up early in the morning, which is almost the same time I woke up for school, went online and had a chat with her. Have a lot of theory, talking on positive thinking, haha, a form of encouragement to me. Just trying to relief some of my stress thinking. But chatting with her, actually can release stress, because she is those very cheerful type. Should be, as she likes to make fun of people and I like to suan people, so some time she being suan by me for nothing, hahaha.
When reached Ubin, doing preparing for admin stuff, everything seem smoothly, maybe is I worry too much. Nothing actually happened on the admin. But there is still others things that was not be carry out according to plan, which can actually led to many problem or trouble for me. As I will need to think of other plan on the spot, in order to solve the problem.
Lucky nothing serious happened, just a tent being invaded by big red ants and some of the girl did not sleep in the tent that was allocated to them, so in the end being scolded, but not by me. And also a girl who allergic to chlorine water, so has to send her back to main land and also inform her parent.
Haha, when find some free time, went up to the tentage area to sms. Because that is the only place that has reception, so has to go up and down in order to send sms. She replied, I also then replied, but because I cannot keep on go up and down, just to sms, but still cannot endure it, find excuses like checking on the camper, just to msg.... haha, but in the end too busy le so never reply her msg le. As I slept actually at 3 plus in the morning and wake up 5 in the morning, for next day activity preparation. Mosquito flying around, biting here and there, causing me to have a hard me had a hard time to sleep. Not only that, there are no comfortable bed for me to sleep, only can sleep in the bench, but is better than the campers as they were all sleeping on top of rocks and stone.
Day 2 of the camp.
Felt so tire, but no choice have to stay awake at all time. Haha, in the morning, don't have breakfast for officer, die le la. No choice have to ask them eat rations. Then start of the activity cycle, which also mean I can start to slack already, because all the camper and some of the officer will be out for duty, so can slack abit. Can do anything but not sleep. Haiz, both my assistant camp coord and logistic Ic fell asleep; no choice has to find something to do, so take out pen and paper, start write blog. Hehe…. Wondering what SHE is doing on main land. Haha.
Campfire was a fun one. Everyone was enjoying themselves, high spirits and morale, one song after another. But everything has to come to an end. Went back to the campsite and had debrief with the CI, everyone is all on sleepy mode so try to make it a fast one. But still ended up around 1 then end. In fact all the CI fell asleep after it. I have to discuss some thing with my officer. In the end discuss until 3 plus, where my laptop battery is almost flat and she is tire already, so ended the discussion. But I still cannot sleep, because if every one is sleeping, and something happened during the night, campers will not know what to do and find help as all the CI and officer has slept. So I tell myself that I have to stay awake throughout the night. Went around the campsite, male tentage area to check. I did it, without sleeping at all.
Day 3 of the camp.
Nth much to write because nothing happened. Taking picture here and there. On the way to jetty, on the boat. Just take it for memories. When board the bus, really cannot endure already, fell asleep on the bus. Hehe......
Running a 3 day 2 night camp is not easy; you must be firm and a good decision maker. If you don't have both, the CI will climb over your head. Because they know that you cannot make your own decision and need to seek help for others. This is some of the things I learn. After this ATC, I then realize that I am not a good leader and not responsible enough. Some of the things that I should handle it myself, I pushed to my assistant. But thanks to my assistant and logistic IC. They helped me a lot in the camp. Even thought they did not say that they are unhappy of the ways I do things, but I myself also feel bad that I pushed some of my job to them. Not fit to be a CI. So maybe when my junior is back from their course, it is when I can rest.
12:21 AM
You promised me the sunrise,
under that tree at 12:21 AM ♥